Board Meeting Minutes
|Posted by Luce County EDC on August 23, 2016 at 1:15 PM|
Luce County Economic Development Corporation
Board of Directors
Regular Board Meeting
EDC Conference Room
June 14, 2016
Present: Colleen Duflo, Cliff Fossitt, Mike Slaght, A.J. Downey, John Waltman, Mary Archambeau,
Joe Villemure, and Dave Kenny
Absent: Jimm Depew
Others Present: None
The meeting was called to order at 4:01 p.m. by Chairperson Duflo.
Communications from Public: None
Public Hearing CDBG/Revolving Loan Fund: None
Approval of Minutes
The minutes of the Regular Board Meeting May 3, 2016 were reviewed and approved as presented. Motion made by Villemure, seconded by Kenny . All Ayes
Approval of Financial Report/Bills
The regular financial report and bills for May were reviewed and approved as presented. Motion by Fossitt, seconded by Villemure . All Ayes.
1. Jimm Depew Resignation Letter: Motion to accept the letter by Archambeau, seconded by Villemure. All Ayes
2. Appoint Vice-Chair: Motion by Fossitt to appoint AJ as Vice-Chair, seconded by Kenny. All Ayes
3. Board Vacancy: The EDC office has not received any interested applicants. AJ mentioned that Jon Brown may be interested but meeting times would need to change to 4:30 p.m. No decisions were made at this time.
4. Roger Metcalf Rocks: The Board would like Tammy to contact Roger and have him present in writing scope of work, and provide amount willing to pay for them. Also provide a waiver releasing us from liability.
5. Finance Committee Recommendations: 1. Dorie loan motion by Villemure, seconded by Slaght to approve $10,000 for 5 years at 5%. All Ayes 2. Miller loan motion by Archambeau, seconded by Villemure to approve $10,600 for 5 years at 5.5% Slaght abstained All Ayes 3. Sign quotes: updated quote for “for sale” sign at the new Industrial Park to $800 for double sided. Sign at the corner of Co Rd 428/M123 $300 green and white, Industrial Park #1 clean, prime stain, and recover both signs $600. Motion by Waltman, seconded by Kenny. All Ayes
6. Confirm Full Time –AC: Letter of conferment of full time at 30 hours per week. Motion by Fossitt, seconded by Villemure. All Ayes.
*Met with Senator Peters with other citizens. This sparked renewed interest in business after hours
that will start up again in August.
*Attended MDOT transportation public meeting. Was not necessary to attend will not be going again.
*UPCDC is not being run by CUPAD not LSPC. There is a pending grant to the entire UP, there have
been many conversations regarding this. Appears we will be getting sales force paid for and I will be
trained to use it. Also retention visit training.
*Attended 123byway meeting, they are looking for more community support and for board members.
*Attended UPPERTUNITIES this year was not as informative as last year.
*Housing study review-didn’t learn much will get out master copy from EUP regional planning and will
keep the board informed.
*Spoke to Susan at MI Works about marketing to the people that will be affected by the closing of the
prison on Kingsley.
*Attended Redevelopment ready community training. Learned a great deal and Rising Tide Steering
Committee will be able to implement this to become RRC.
*Gathered the information needed for changing our low-moderate income status submitting the
application this week.
*Public meeting on 6/22 at 6pm at the new village offices. This will be the next step for rising tides.
The purpose of this meeting is to gather public input before writing our economic development plan.
*Everson’s Paid in full!
*Tourism cards out.
April 2016 LMI
Loan Portfolio updated –Hand Out
RLF Balance – Hand out
Communications from the Public: None
Adjourned: Motion by Waltman, seconded by Archambeau . All Ayes. Meeting adjourned at 4:55 p.m.
Approved by_____________________________________on_________________________2016 Cliff Fossitt, Secretary/Colleen Duflo, Chairperson